Functions of ORIC
1. To work under the directions of HEC.
2. Conduct two meetings a year with HEC.
3. Identifying and informing the faculty about the research grants opportunities for them to apply and then assist them in acquiring funds from international and national funding agencies.
4. To keep track of all the researches carried out in the university by faculty and staff and then commercialize the relevant research to reap maximum benefit for the industry and therefore translating the research into the public benefit.
5. To deal with plagiarism cases and to advance an anti-plagiarism culture via powerful software for detecting plagiarism i.e. Turnitin.
6. Arranging seminars and workshops for the university’s students and faculty.
7. Formulation of Policy & Procedure
8. Proposal of Formulation of Research Colloquium
9. Manage Alhamd Incubation Center (AIC)
10. Manage Alhamd Career Development Cell (ACD)
11. Thesis Supervision
12. Thesis Examination
13. Conference / Research Assembly
14. Additional academic – Research oriented training
The AIU-ORIC, shall be responsible for evaluating, securing and commercializing the Institute’s IP and shall administer all relevant Institutional policies for its commercialization. The Institute may determine means to protect the IP for the purpose of commercialization of such innovation/invention. The institute shall inform the inventor/innovator prior to filing for patent. However, in such eventuality the inventor/innovator shall fulfil all criteria and present all the data as and when required. The Institute on it sole discretion is entitled to approach, negotiate, and enter into any agreement with any external party regarding commercialization of the invention/innovation.